Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Price Cutter Charity Championship


8/10/10

We are continuing to test another version of the UST "Proto Spin" wedge shaft. The balance point was too high making it difficult to "trap" the ball without swing the wedge to hard. You want to be able to let the wedge do the work and trying to hit a wedge at 90-100% of your full swing speed will not produce many favorable shots. The wedge should be swung in the neighborhood of 60-70% of the players full swing speed. The objective is control! As you can see UST has decided to tip the shaft and move the shaft profile within the uncut blank shaft. We are still player testing, so far I think they are close. The jury is still out. UST is using Solus and Fourteen for this testing. I have tried the shaft myself and this version is much better and has a little softer feel which I personally think is critical in executing quality wedge shots.



The heat today continues to punish us all! It was 106* on the tee. This heat has the players working on the course early and then going inside for the balance of the day. There will be caddies as well as players go down this week due to the heat. The only saving grace is towards Saturday the temp will move into the lower 90's! Wow what a cool front! This clock is very accurate on any of the measurements but take a look at the tee during this time. Any other time this tee would be full on Tuesday afternoon. Nobody wants to do much which was understandable!


I came back to the bag after lunch and discovered two wedges had been picked up. I am hoping the player will come back and let me know. At least I am keeping a positive attitude about it right now. You just never know. Although the players out here are so honest and up front that it would really surprise me if I didn't hear anything by tomorrow afternoon.


I followed with Luke List to see if he had had a chance to test the new set I built him in Wichita. He hasn't had time but will after this week. I tried to persuade him to test them while I am out here in case something had to be tweaked. No luck. He has a pretty strong tie to the Titleist brand if you catch my drift!



I am not sure you need to know or see this kind of thing but I have not kept anything from you as of this point! I had surgery to remove skin cancer from my left shin. The biopsy came back positive. I had to return this past Thursday for a checkup and it was discovered I had another spot showing up. Well the Doc said I had to have it removed and so we opted to do it while I was there since I wasn't on the road. Well I got to my motel room this evening and took a shower as I always do. I am not sure what is going on with this but it doesn't look good! I covered the spot with a small Band-Aid but the rest of it looks a little suspect! Ya think? Hey it the hazards of being out in the sun and comes with the territory. It is a sad story but it had to be told!



On to more important things at hand. We have had several requests since we started the blog, Facebook and Twitter. The request was to share my favorite hot spots to eat on the PGA Tour during my travels. Well here is a little bit of heaven on the ground in Springfield! It is a must stop if you are in this area and like thin crust pizza. The PGA Tour rules officials recommended this as a "hot" spot to dine. I have a soft spot for thin crust pizza so I gave it a try. The 417 Thin Crust Pizza is the bomb and is the best thin crust pizza I have ever had! The 417 happens to be the area code for this area in Springfield! Clever! I had the "Meats" with jalapenos and onions, perfect! You have to try it! Awesome! Like I said it is the "best"! Good friend a fellow rep ordered a rather unusual combination, sausage, jalapenos and green olives! I know, I know it doesn't sound that good but when he shared a piece I was really surprised! It was really good! I may have to do a drive by on my way home tomorrow and pick one up for the road! I should have taken a pic of the product! Well, I will remember next time!





If that isn't enough desert is just a wedge shot away! Andy's Frozen Custard is top shelf! I had the Carmel pecan concrete. Simply put it was to die for! I had to frequent both places again but this time I had same pizza and backed it up with a key lime pie concrete. There is a whole piece of key lime pie blended right in to the concrete. Hey no calories here! Come on now I would not steer you wrong and after all this was your idea!







Upon completing my concrete I made my way back to the truck. I happened to over look this little barber shop! Your first cut is free! One stop shop, perfect!


Hey I will try to include hot spots as I find them from time to time, but
they have to past the "Dawg" test! HIHIHI.......




8/9/10


Solus takes a T8 at the Turning Stone Resort Championship in NY! The FC-10/60 was in play!



This week’s Price Cutter Charity Classic will be the last Nationwide event on this swing. I will be returning to the PGA Tour on the 23rd for the Barclay’s.


The heat continues to plague the players and especially guys like me! The extra pounds don’t help in this heat but seem to “melt” somewhat under the extreme heat! The heat is forecasted to be in the triple digits for the week. This event hosts 20 pro-ams! Can you believe it? Good friend Keoke Cotner came in as did several other pros to play in the pro-ams. Keoke will not be in the field but has signed up to play seven of the twenty pro-ams! That is a lot of pro-ams for one week. The only benefit is that players are allowed to take their caddies and use carts, so it’s good for both! With this heat and humidity there will be several caddies going down.


We are continuing to test the UST “proto” wedge shaft this week. We assembled a new sample that has been tipped 1” which should move the balance point somewhat while firming the shaft up. This was the main complaint last week during testing. We will go back to the same players for testing this new sample.


Did you guys see the photo of the new “TAV”? I found it sitting on a trailer over here in Springfield! I personally think it’s perfect! I am sure you will agree! HIHIHI…… Take a look on our Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment