Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Nationwide Children's Hospital Invitational


7/21/10

I received two more orders from Mini tour players requesting the “old groove” configuration. Quite a few of the mini tours are allowing the players to continue to play these. I had an order for the Tour 7.1 and Series 4.1 both 56 and 61 degree lofts. I will build these this week and take them with me to Omaha. Both of these players are Monday qualifying for the event.

GM engineers continue to work on the truck issue. We have test driven the truck over 500 miles in the past two days. There are now four trucks here with the same issue. It is an emissions issue with burning off the exhaust soot. The EPA requirements and regulations are so tight it makes it difficult. Every truck develops these issues depending on driving habits. One fix may work on one truck while not on another. I am standing by patiently. No matter what, my schedule will not be interrupted for mechanical issues. GM will provide me with transportation regardless. I will be heading to Omaha on Sunday for the Nationwide event.


Mike will be working the Senior British Open this week and it should be a good showing for the FC-10! We loaded Mike’s bag with more 60 degree wedges than anything else. Mike thinks this loft will be very popular especially with the sand conditions. These bunkers can get very deep so the added loft will come in real handy. Stay tuned.

7/19/10

Well looky here now, for those of you that logged on to read the happenings and track my golf travels on tour are going to be somewhat miffed and in disarray! Not to beat a dead horse but the story is getting somewhat redundant and boring even to me! I know you were all hoping to read that Solus won the British Open with Louis or we came in as the most played wedge on the PGA tour with 1789 wedges in play… Well, NOT!!!! Although we should be number 1, after all Solus does have the best wedge! But in reality it’s not going to happen in at least my life time! Hang in there though, anything is possible on the PGA Tour!

Which brings me to something else that isn’t going to happen in my life time (or so it feels), the truck REPAIRED, RUNNING and going down the road!! Yes, though hard to believe it happened yet again this time on my way to Columbus, OH. I was making my way towards the Bermuda Triangle(St Louis) up I-35 Saturday morning about 153 miles from Wichita or about 35 miles south of KC, when the dreaded bell and light show started. There had been an accident around Wellsville, KS involving a school bus and children. Apparently the bus had rolled over and they had to shut down the interstate to work the scene. I had come up on this accident just after it had occurred and ended up sitting there for over an hour. Now I am sure all of you know of my jubilation making it up and back to the John Deere with no issues, the truck ran perfectly. I am not sure what happened this time but I ended up in the same place as a result, on a trailer being towed back to Wichita! Naturally it was the weekend and no place to turn but back towards home and yet another cancellation.


The wrecker driver that picked me up told me that this problem isn’t just with MY truck but is wide spread and GM should recall and repair all of these models once and for all. I think they would if they had the parts ready to go. The issue has been resolved on the 2011 models. Of course with my luck the 2008 2500 HD is the model of issue! Only my luck, ya think?? Oh for your information the problem that occurred was the same song, thirteenth verse, “reduce engine power” and “check engine light” and bells and whistles!! Can’t believe it so you say, well believe it!! Yes!!! Once again….. Enough said!


So here I am sitting at the dealership in Wichita only this time I have my own office! Kind of spooky but handy! Got my name on the door! My name or Solus might be on the front of the building before this day is out though! HIHIHI!!! I will not bore you with all of the drama that has and will occur today but I can assure you I will be heading to Omaha this Sunday with or without this truck! If I wanted to work at the dealership I would but this isn’t a good place for me to fit and demo wedges! Or maybe it is? It’s kind of funny though, they see me pull in and they all run! I am not sure if I will have to fill this place with upper cuts but I will let you know and will provide photos of the after party!


Hey on the brighter side, congrats to Louis Oosthuizen on his victory at the British Open! He dominated the field for the week, most of which had never heard of him! I love to see the underdog win, Don’t you? I am in hopes of that for Solus and me! After all we know what it’s like on that side of the fence! Good things come to good people, it’s about our turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment